Outcome: Referral to Solicitors Disciplinary Tribunal
Outcome date: 4
Published date: 18
Firm or organisation at date of
Name: Lealaw Limited
Bank Chambers, Market Place, Stockport, Cheshire SK1
Firm ID: 561344
Firm or organisation at time of matters giving
rise to outcome
Name: Lea & Company
Bank Chambers, Market Place, Stockport, Chechire SK1
Firm ID: 071763
This outcome was reached
by SRA decision.
This notification relates to a Decision to prosecute before the Solicitors Disciplinary Tribunal. This is an independent Tribunal which will reach its own decision after considering all the evidence, including any evidence put forward by the Solicitor. The Tribunal has certified that there is a case to answer in respect of allegations which are or include that he :-
1. Failed to act in the best interests or to provide a good standard of service to his clients;
2. Compromised or impaired or acted in a way which was likely to compromise or impair his independence;
3. Acted in a position of conflict and permitted the interests of his purchaser clients to prevail over his duties to his lender clients;
4. Failed to exercise proper supervision of staff;
5. Permitted his firm’s client account to be used as to provide banking facilities;
6. Permitted inaccurate and misleading publicity to be presented by the firm’s website.
The allegations are subject to a Hearing before the Solicitors Disciplinary Tribunal and are as yet unproven.
Help and more information