Outcome: Referral to Solicitors Disciplinary Tribunal
Outcome date: 4
Published date: 2
Firm or organisation at time of matters giving
rise to outcome
Name: Neilson & Co
30 Harcourt Street, London, W1H 4AA
Firm ID: 58676
This outcome was reached
by SRA decision.
This notification relates to a Decision to prosecute before the Solicitors Disciplinary Tribunal. This is an independent Tribunal which will reach its own decision after considering all the evidence, including any evidence put forward by the Solicitor. The Tribunal has certified that there is a case to answer in respect of allegations which are or include that he :-
1. Carried on practice having failed to take out and maintain Qualifying Insurance.
2. Failed to enter the Assigned Risks Pool before the start of the relevant indemnity period.
3. Failed to deliver promptly or at all an Accountant’s Report for the year ending 30 June 2008.
4. Failed to deliver promptly or at all a cease to hold Accountant’s Report for the period 1 July 2008 to 31 October 2008, a report which was due to be delivered by 30 April 2009.
5. Failed to deal with correspondence from the SRA in an open prompt and co-operative way, or at all.
6. Failed to comply promptly, or at all, with Directions dated 25 November 2009 made by an Adjudicator of the Legal Complaints Service.
The allegations are subject to a Hearing before the Solicitors Disciplinary Tribunal and are as yet unproven.
Help and more information