Outcome date: 24
Published date: 28
Firm or organisation at time of matters giving
rise to outcome
Name: Deen Solicitors
1st Floor, 70-78 Collingdon Street, Luton, Bedfordshire, LU1 1RX,
Firm ID: 387732
This outcome was reached
by SRA decision.
To grant Mr Jagtar Singh Dhuphar a practising certificate for the practice year 2010/2011 subject to the following conditions:
1. he may act as a solicitor only in employment which has first been approved by the Solicitors Regulation Authority.
2. he is not a sole practitioner or manager or owner of a recognised body.
3. he undertakes residential conveyancing only under the supervision of a solicitor who has a minimum of three years PQE in conveyancing.
4. he shall immediately inform any actual or prospective employer, partner, co-manager or co-owner of these conditions and the reasons for their imposition.
5. in this condition "manager" is as defined in section 207 of the Legal Services Act 2007 and "owner" is as defined in rule 24 of the Solicitors Code of Conduct.
6. he undertakes a course accredited by the Solicitors Regulation Authority on Residential Conveyancing (Minimum 3 CPD Hours) within 6 months of the date of notification of this decision and provides confirmation of the completion of the course (in the form of a certificate or letter of attendance from the course provider) at such course when he next applies for a practising certificate.
The SRA have considered the conditions imposed pursuant to Regulation 6.1(c) & (d) of the SRA Practising Regulations 2009, namely, that by imposing these conditions requiring Mr Dhuphar to obtain the SRA's written approval before taking certain steps, will, in the public interest, limit, halt or prevent risk to clients, third parties or the public and also require Mr Dhuphar to take specified steps conducive to the carrying on of efficient practice by Mr Dhuphar.
Help and more information