Adelakun, Isaac Adebowale
To view the decision against this individual, click
the decision below.
Outcome date: 12
Published date: 13
No detail provided
This outcome was reached
by SRA decision.
To grant Mr Isaac Adebowale Adelakun a practising certificate for the practice year 2011/2012 subject to the following conditions:-
- 1. He may act as a solicitor only in employment which has first been approved by the Solicitors Regulation Authority;
- 2. He is not a sole practitioner or a manager or owner of a recognised body or licensable body;
- 3. He shall immediately inform any actual or prospective employer of these conditions and the reasons for their imposition;
- 4. In this condition “manager” and “owner” are as defined in Chapter 14 of the SRA Code of Conduct 2011.
- 5. He attends a course accredited by the Solicitors Regulation Authority on the SRA Handbook (minimum 3 CPD hours) within 6 months of the date of notification of this decision and provides confirmation of his attendance (in the form of a certificate or letter of attendance from the course provider) at such course when he next applies for a practising certificate.
Mr Adelakun is subject to Regulation 3.1 of the SRA Practising Regulations 2011.
Accordingly, the SRA are required to consider whether to impose any practising certificate condition in accordance with Regulation 7 of the SRA Practising Regulations 2011 which sets out the purposes for which conditions may, in the public interest, be imposed on a solicitor’s practising certificate.
In light of the Tribunal’s findings of 23 March 2010 and as Mr Adelakun is returning to practice following a 2 year suspension, the SRA are satisfied that the above practising certificate conditions are appropriate, proportionate and necessary in the interests of the protection of the public.
Help and more information