How do I make a complaint about my solicitor?

You must complain to your solicitor or firm of solicitors first.

How to complain to your solicitor

If you have complained to your solicitor or firm and you aren't satisfied with their response, you can take things further.

  • If your concerns are about poor service, such as a problem relating to fees or delayed communication, contact theLegal Ombudsman.

  • If you have concerns about a solicitor who you have not instructed, or if your complaint relates to a breach of SRA Principles or to an allegation of dishonesty or discrimination, you should report the matter to us.

Print page to PDF