Do I need legal advice or new solicitors?

If a firm we have closed down was handling a case for you that was ongoing on the date of our intervention, you must instruct new solicitors to act on your behalf if you want to carry on with the case.

You can choose any solicitor to carry on your case, unless your case is publicly funded (for example, you have legal aid). We can only hand over a publicly funded case to a firm of solicitors with a Legal Services Commission franchise in the right area of law.

To find out about solicitors in your area, use the Law Society's Find a solicitor directory.

For legal advice, try your local Citizens Advice Bureau or Law Centre.

Print page to PDF