SRA announces date for PC renewals
20 September 2012
The SRA has announced that the 2012 round of Practising Certificate renewals will commence on Thursday 1 November, with a closing date of Friday 14 December.
Extensive work has taken place over the summer months to implement a programme of improvements to the IT infrastructure supporting online renewals, and to the application forms and related guidance.
These improvements include:
- Making applications simpler and easier to complete. This includes an overhaul of the flow and wording of questions and related guidance text
- Making it possible for organisational contacts in each firm to process the bulk applications on behalf of colleagues, giving firms greater control over the way they complete the PC renewal exercise
- Enabling one-click ‘record complete’, allowing multiple records to be confirmed as correct during bulk renewal applications
- Improved searching and sorting of an individual’s records to make viewing and editing easier
- Increasing the support available within our Contact Centre so that queries can be answered more promptly
SRA Chief Executive, Antony Townsend, said: “Following a programme of user engagement over the summer and extensive work on both the application forms and supporting infrastructure, we are satisfied that the user experience will be significantly enhanced. We were not prepared to launch the renewals exercise or finally confirm dates until we were confident that the system was stable and the planned enhancements had been implemented.
“I am pleased to say that this threshold has been reached.”
Towards the end of September, the SRA will be communicating with all organisational contacts and authorised signatories, providing information and links to support that that will help them prepare for processing their applications, including a link to the questions that will need completing, which will be posted on the web around the same time. It will also be communicating with everyone who has activated a mySRA account, through its e-newsletter, SRA Update, alerting them to the changes. Frequently asked questions will also be available on the web and the SRA plans to produce a video and organise a webinar, both of which will guide applicants through the bulk renewal process.
Questions relating to other bulk renewal applications (non-regulated entities and recognised sole practitioners) will also be published on our website in the near future.