Training contract applications: Information for applicants
31 October 2012
Applying for authorisation to become a training establishment
To apply for authorisation to offer training contracts, please complete and submit our TC4 form: Application for authorisation to become a training establishment and application to become a training principal.
To request a TC4 form, please contact us.
To find out more about the TC4 application form, please see our Guidance notes on form TC4.
Processing applications that require review by an Operations Officer
We process applications that require review by an Operations Officer in the date order in which we receive them.
When we receive your application, we send you an acknowledgement letter that includes an estimate of how long it will take us to process it.
At present, it takes 6 to 8 weeks for us to allocate applications that require review.
Please note that any matter can be sent before an adjudicator for a decision, as set out in the SRA's decision-making framework: Criteria as to level of decision maker, paragraph 10.
Applications that may require review
- Secondment approval
- Modular training contract approval
- Application for waiver from the Training Regulations 2011
- Professional Skills Course exemption application
- FILEX route to admission application
- TC2 – application to extend a training contract
- TC5 – application for waiver from the minimum salary
- Request to increase the firm's maximum number of permitted trainees
- Training contract amendment
- Training contract cancelation
- Training contract dispute
- Any application that needs further assessment