Apply for a registered European lawyer
Get ready to apply
- Do you intend to practise on a permanent basis in England and Wales, and are legally entitled to do so? If you are not sure, check our criteria for admission as a REL to make sure you meet eligibility requirements.
- Check that you can create an account in mySRA and have updated it with your personal and professional details.
- Check you have got your certificate of attestation ready to upload.
How to pay
The cost of admission is £500 and, if successful, your first practising certificate is free. The cost of your screening application is £39.
Payment is by debit or credit card at the end of the application.
We aim to consider most of these applications within three months.
It may take longer if you application is more complex, or if we need to contact you for further information.
If your application is time sensitive, please make sure you submit this and all required information, well in advance of the three-month timescale to allow us enough time to consider this.
How to apply
- Make sure you have met our screening requirements.
- Provide a certificate of good standing/attestation from your home Bar. This needs to confirm your practising status, as well as disciplinary information, and cannot be more than three months old.
Apply for registeration as a registered European lawyer
Log in to mySRA to apply, go to start a new application