Youth court advocacy
About these resources
Working in the youth court can sometimes be more challenging than other areas of practice because it:
- involves young people and children
- can be intimidating for them
- involves young people that often have emotional and behavioural issues
- involves young people with specific communication needs.
These resources will help you to:
- reflect on the quality of your practice and help you address any learning and development needs. This will help you comply with our continuing competence requirements
- address the challenges of practising in the youth court
- deliver a high standard of service to young people and children.
We have developed these resources with a wide range of stakeholders, young people and children in the criminal justice system. We will continue to add to these resources over time. Our resources compliment other support you can use to make sure you are competent to practise in the youth court.