Existing firm applications
Updated 17 August 2016
Apply to add new entity managers or owners
We need to approve the following:
- another entity as a manager, or corporate owner, of an authorised body
- body corporate managers of an authorised body also need approval of their managers
When we say 'body corporate' we mean, a company, an LLP or a partnership which is a legal person in its own right.
Information you need
You must provide details of the following:
- all entities that are managers and/or owners of the applicant or the authorised body
- entities that may have an ownership interest by virtue of their association with other owners of the applicant.
When we say 'ownership' we do not limit to the first tier of a firm's structure.
This application is not for entity managers or owners who are not authorised as legal providers and intend to join recognised bodies. Please refer to Rule 13 of the SRA Authorisation Rules 2011 and the SRA Glossary.
Help with your application
Contact us if you have any queries before you submit your application.
How to apply
Some individuals and entities do not need to be approved as managers and owners. Check the deeming criteria in Rule 13.2 of the SRA Authorisation Rules 2011.
Individuals and entities who do not meet the deeming criteria should apply as follows:
- you need to submit the Entity Manager/Owner Approval form (FA3) and the Individual Approval application form (FA2) if required
- individuals who are not SRA-authorised need to register on mySRA before you send in your application.
The application forms are editable PDF documents. You need to fill it in electronically. You should save the form before you start completing it.
For help downloading or using the form(s), see "How to use the form" in our Firm authorisation guidance.
Send your application to the email address on the form.
Individuals need to have a mySRA account. You need to register on mySRA before your application can be accepted. Please check whether you already have a mySRA account before registering a new one. The CRM number should be submitted with the application.
There is no fee for this application.
What you can expect from us
We will acknowledge you application within one working day. We will let you know if your application is incomplete or ineligible.
We aim to make decisions within 30 days.
The new nominated entity manager or owner must not take up their role before we have approved them.
Use www.sra.org.uk/entity to link to this page.