Existing firm applications
Updated 17 August 2016
Apply to add new managers or owners
We approve the following individuals for authorised bodies:
- individual managers
- individual owners
- individual managers of a corporate manager.
Information you need
- Personal details, work history, professional regulation, suitability to fulfil role
- Certificates of Good Standing if regulated by another regulator
- Individuals who are not SRA-authorised need to register on mySRA before you send in your application.
Help with your application
Contact us if you have any queries before you submit your application.
How to apply
Some individuals and entities do not need to be approved as managers and owners. Check the deeming criteria in Rule 13.2 of the SRA Authorisation Rules 2011.
Individuals and entities who do not meet the deeming criteria should apply as follows:
Individual managers and owners
- you need to submit separate Individual Approval application form (FA2) for each individual.
- individuals who are not SRA-authorised need to register on mySRA before you send in your application.
- if another organisation will be a manager or owner, you need to apply for entity approval (application form FA3).
- any individual/corporate managers of this organisation need to be approved. You need to submit individual or entity approval applications for those managers.
- Individual Approval application form (Editable PDF 16 pages, 533K) and guidance notes (PDF 8 pages, 247K)
- Entity Manager/Owner Approval application form (Editable PDF 10 pages, 378K)
The application forms are editable PDF documents. You need to fill it in electronically. You should save the form before you start completing it.
For help downloading or using the form(s), see "How to use the form" in our Firm authorisation guidance.
Send your application to the email address on the form, along with supporting documents.
Individuals need to have a mySRA account. You need to register on mySRA before your application can be accepted. Please check whether you already have a mySRA account before registering a new one. The CRM number should be submitted with the application.
There is no fee for this application.
What you can expect from us
We will acknowledge you application within one working day. We will let you know if your application is incomplete or ineligible.
We may undertake validation of the information provided in the Suitability Test.
We aim to make a decision about your application within 90 days. We usually decide within 30 days.
The manager and/or owner must not take up the role until they have been approved.