Consultation on the ban on referral fees in personal injury cases
We embarked on comprehensive engagement with all stakeholders likely to be impacted by the ban on referral fees.
In June 2012, a discussion paper was published outlining our initial thoughts on the subject and an initial way forward.
After the responses to the discussion paper were collated a formal consultation exercise was launched in October 2012, running until 18 December, 2012.
As part of this consultation exercise, a forum was held at the Radisson Blu Hotel in Birmingham on 19 November, 2012. It was attended by around 100 stakeholders who heard from us, the Ministry of Justice's Claims Management Regulator and other expert presenters. The presentations are available:
- Referral Fee Forum: Presentation by Andrew Darke (PDF 16 pages, 89K)
- Referral Fee Forum: Presentation by Donna Scully (PDF 8 pages, 503K)
- Referral Fee Forum: Presentation by Kevin Rousell (PDF 12 pages, 213K)
- Referral Fee Forum: Presentation by Patrick Allen (PDF 41 pages, 290K)
- Referral Fee Forum: Presentation by Richard Collins (PDF 8 pages, 107K)
- Referral Fee Forum: Workshop - Impact of LASPO on SRA's regulatory approach (PDF 17 pages, 221K)
- Referral Fee Forum: Workshop - Supervision and Enforcement (PDF 20 pages, 388K))
This engagement fed into the paper that was presented to our Board on 23 January, 2013.