How to submit your Law Firm Diversity Data
Updated 7 July 2021
Logging in to the firm diversity data reporting tool
- Go to the firm diversity data reporting tool.
- Read the Introduction page and make sure you have all the information you need.
- Click Begin.
- Log in using your mySRA username and password. Only authorised signatories, organisation contacts, and RF1S role holders can access the law firm diversity data reporting tool.
- If you have forgotten your username or password follow the instructions on the log in screen.
- The system will time out after 15 minutes, so save as you go.
- If you are not able to finish your reporting in one go, to save all the data you have entered, please make sure you save before you log out, or before the system is timed out.
- The firm(s) you are authorised to submit data for will be listed.
- The status of your firm data will be shown – confirming if you have not started, if you are in progress and if you have submitted.
- Click Select to start submitting data or if you are in progress, click Edit to continue submitting data.
- You will be taken to the Enter data page.
Create a group to report data for more than one firm
- If you want your submission to cover other related firms (for example adding corporate partners to your main firm) click Show me in the grey box at the top of the Enter data page.
- Click Add firm.
- Enter the SRA number of the firm.
- Click Search and the name of the firm will be shown, if this is correct, select Add. You will not be able to add firms who have already submitted or started entering data or who are already in a group.
- Repeat to add more firms.
- To remove a firm from the group, click Remove.
- Click Back to return to the Enter data tab.
- The first question is Q1 Role category, enter the number of people who have responded to the diversity questionnaire against each role category.
- If there were no responses or a category is not applicable to your firm(s) tick None and the status of this category will show as N/A.
- Enter the number of people who did not respond to the questionnaire.
- To enter the diversity data, click Enter next to each role category.
- Complete Q2 to Q14 for each role category in turn, the number of responses you enter for each question must match the number of responses entered for the role category in Q1.
- A green tick will show if the number is correct and a red cross if it is incorrect.
- Click Save at the bottom of the page for each role category.
- You will be taken back to the Enter data page.
- Repeat steps 4 to 7 to enter data for the other role categories. If you are not able to complete the process in one go, click Save and Return to continue at a later date.
- Once the data for all role categories has been entered, click Save and Continue to move on. You will only be able to move on if all role categories show as Complete or N/A.
- Select Yes or No in response to the question ‘Have you published this diversity data?’. A further question will appear, depending on your answer.
- If you select Other in response to the further question, you will need to specify your reason in the text box before you can move on.
- Click Save and Continue.
Review and Submit
- The system will display a preview of the data you have entered.
- If the preview is accurate, click Submit.
- The screen will display ‘Submitted Successfully,’ confirming who submitted and when.
- Click Print this screen to print a copy of the confirmation screen if you wish to keep this for your records.
- Click Download data if you want to download a spreadsheet of your data.
- Click Done to return to the Select firm page which will now show as Submitted.
- If you wish to Edit your data after submitting select Edit, make your amendments and remember to Submit again.
Changing Submitted Data
- Go to Select firm(s) section
- Click Edit
- Click OK
- Save your updates on each page
- When you are happy with the changes, Submit