SRA board member
Dame Denise Platt, DBE
Denise has a background in social care and has held a number of leadership positions in the public and third sectors at national and local level. She is a member of the General Medical Council. She holds a number of honorary positions in the third sector including Patron of MHA (Methodist Homes for the Aged) and Vice Patron of Family Action. She is a member of the Advisory Board of the NIHR School of Social Care Research at the LSE.
Past positions include Chair the National AIDS Trust, trustee of the NSPCC and Lloyds Bank Foundation. She was a Member of the Committee on Standards in Public Life, Chair of the Commission for Social Care Inspection, Governor of the University of Bedfordshire (where she is an Honorary Fellow), Audit Commissioner and Chief Inspector of the Social Services Inspectorate. She was Director of Social Services in Hammersmith and Fulham and is a past President of the Association of Directors of Social Services.
- Council Member and chair of the Remuneration Committee, General Medical Council
- Honorary Fellow and Member of the University Court, University of Bedfordshire
- Honorary Life Member, Association of Directors of Adult Social Services (ADASS)
- Member of the Parliamentary and Political Service Honours Committee
- Member, Advisory Board of the School of Social Care Research at the National Institute of Health Research (NIHR), LSE
- Patron, Methodist Homes for the Aged (MHA)
- Vice Patron, Family Action