SRA board member
Peter grew up in North Wales and then attended Bangor University where he completed a BA and then PhD in Psychology. He then did further research before qualifying as a clinical psychologist.
His career changed direction in the 1980s and he has held Director/Chief Executive positions in the NHS, Education and the Civil Service. His last position was as the first Chief Executive of Healthcare Inspectorate Wales.
Peter is the Chair of Cartfefi Cymru, which provides support to people with learning disabilities in Wales and is a member of Bangor University Council. Past appointments include Chair of Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board for five years, lay member of the Wales Committee of the Law Society and Mental Health Act Commissioner.
- Director of PH Psychology Services
- Honorary Senior Lecturer at the School of Psychology, Bangor University
- Chair of Trustees and Director of Cartrefi Cymru (Cartrefi Cymru Co-operative Limited)
- Member of Council and Trustee of Bangor University
- Member of the UNITE Union