Help with searching
- Not all regulatory decisions are published—read more about our publication policy.
- Only decisions made since early 2008 are published on this site.
- Most decisions remain on the site for three years.
- We do not publish Findings of the Solicitors Disciplinary Tribunal; these can be found on the Tribunal's website
- For the most up-to-date and complete picture of an individual's regulatory record, please contact us.
- Read more about how we regulate.
How to search
You can use our solicitor record check search function to have a look at regulatory decisions that we have made against regulated individuals and firms.
You can search decisions by the
- name of the solicitor, firm, or other regulated individual
- SRA ID number (also known as their roll number)
- date the decision was made, or
- type of decision.
You can also view a list of recently-published decisions.
To search for decisions about an individual or firm, enter their name and/or ID number in the search fields. To narrow your search, choose an outcome type and/or specify a date range.
To see all closures (also known as "interventions") during May 2009, for example, leave name and ID fields blank, choose outcome type "closure" and specify the date range 1 May 2009 to 30 May 2009.
Only the most recent published decision against any firm will be displayed. To view a list of all published decisions against an individual made within the past three years (decisions are removed after three years), you will have to go into the record.
To check whether an individual or firm of solicitors is regulated by us, search the Law Society's Find a solicitor tool.