Contact us

Step 1 of 3

Please tell us who you are.

Step 2 of 3

Please select a reason for contacting us.

  • Our service levels

    • Type of request Desired response We are working toward
      Emails Respond to 95% within 5 working days Respond within 5 working days
      Letters Respond to 95% within 5 working days Respond within 5 working days
      Emails and letters for Professional Ethics Respond to 95% within 10 working days Respond within 10 working days
      Certificates of good standing, attestation, extracts from the Roll Respond to 95% within 3 working days Respond within 10 working days
      Freedom of information requests Respond to 95% within 20 working days Respond within 20 working days

Other ways to contact us

Contact centre

Our contact centre can help with most queries.


0370 606 2555 inside the UK (Call costs guide from Ofcom)

Opening hours
  • 08.00 to 18.00, Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
  • 09.30 to 18.00, Tuesday
International callers

+44 (0)121 329 6800

Please remember

We ask that you treat our contact centre staff with respect. Read our policy on Managing unreasonable behaviour towards SRA staff. Calls may be monitored or recorded for quality and training purposes.

Postal address

Solicitors Regulation Authority, The Cube, 199 Wharfside Street, Birmingham, B1 1RN (map of location) or DX 720293 BIRMINGHAM 47

Main fax number

+44 (0)121 616 1999 (Before you fax us)

Help lines

Professional ethics helpline for solicitors

For advice on the SRA Handbook, call 0370 606 2577 (inside the UK), 09.00 to 17.00, Monday to Friday. 

Law Society Practice Advice Service for solicitors

For advice and support on all aspects of legal practice, solicitors can call 020 7320 5675 (inside the UK), 09.00 to 17.00, Monday to Friday. The Practice Advice Service is one of several helplines for solicitors run by the Law Society.

Complaints about your lawyer

To find out how to complain about your lawyer, visit

Complaints about the SRA

If you wish to make a complaint about the SRA, use our complaints form.

Request reasonable adjustments

If you need a reasonable adjustment, please complete a request form (DOC 133K, 2 pages) and return it to us using the email or postal address above. Alternatively, you can contact us by phone.

Please use to link to this page.