Register my training

You can only qualify through this route if you meet our transitional requirements.

If you do not meet these, you will need to qualify under the SQE.

How to register a period of recognised training

To register your period of recognised training (PRT) you must log into mySRA.

You need to apply 30 days before you are due to start. This is because the training start date cannot be backdated.

You will need the SRA number of your training provider's head office.

If you have any queries or problems you should discuss these with your training principal in the first instance. However, if the issue remains unresolved, you can contact us for advice.

If you have already started your training

If you have already started a PRT and not registered it please register your training in mySRA and choose the earliest possible start date.

Once registered the training principal must then confirm the correct PRT start date by sending us an email , within five working days.

If you started your training longer than three months ago the training principal will also need to send:

  • the reason for the delay in registering your PRT
  • copy of the contract of employment
  • copy of all training records completed to date.

After we have received this information we will use our discretion to backdate the PRT.

How to pay

The fee is £100.

We will contact your training provider to pay the fee when we confirm you will be training with them.

Previous work-based experience

If you have any previous work-based experience you can let us know as part of this application.

Our decision

When we received payment from your training provider, we'll decide straight away. This could take up to 30 days if we require more information.

Apply to register a period of recognised training

Log in to mySRA to apply, go to start a new application