Substitute QWE and SQE2 as an equivalent to a period of recognised training application
Updated February 2022
Who can apply
This is for individuals who have either started or passed the Legal Practice Course (LPC), or who meet our transitional requirements.
How to apply
After completing this you will need to:
- register to sit SQE2
- record two years' full-time or equivalent QWE
You will not need to:
- sit SQE1
- complete a period of recognised training
- take the Professional Skills Course
You will be admitted as a solicitor under the LPC route (not the SQE route).
Please be aware:
- We will ask for your LPC certificate when you apply to become a solicitor.
- If you cannot prove you have passed the LPC, you will have to:
- sit the SQE1 exams
- validate your degree
- be admitted as a solicitor under the SQE route rather than the LPC route
There is no fee for this application.
- If you already have qualifying work experience, you can record it.
- You will need to register for an SQE assessment account in order to take SQE2. We suggest you wait at least 10-15 minutes after submitting this form before you set up your SQE account.
When you are ready to apply, the link below will take you to mySRA login page. You will find the application in 'Start a new application' and 'Individual applications' – it is called ‘Notify us of using QWE and SQE2 as an equivalent to a period of recognised training ',