Warning: Emails sent from 'Brick Littleton Chambers' claiming to be a law firm

19 April 2023

Emails have been sent from 'Brick Littleton Chambers' claiming to be a law firm regarding a potential partnership proposal.

What is the scam?

Emails have been sent to a member of the public from an individual claiming to be called 'Philip Fischer' and 'Juan Garibi' of 'Brick Littleton Chambers'. The email refers to a supposed unclaimed 'Payable-on-Death' savings monetary deposit in respect of a deceased policy holder.

The email seen by the SRA asks the member of the public to enter into a partnership arrangement for the purpose of making a claim in order to receive the policy benefit with 10% of the proceeds being shared amongst charitable organisations and the remaining 90% being shared between the recipient and Brick Littleton Chambers.

The emails were sent from the email addresses '' and ''. The email footer also provides the email address of '' and website address ''.

The website provides an email address of '' and telephone number of '+44 745 234 6714'. It also provides a postal address of '2nd floor, City Bridge House, Southwark Street, SE1 1TU'.

Is there a genuine firm or person?

The SRA does not authorise and regulate a law firm called 'Brick Littleton Chambers' nor does it authorise and regulate solicitors called 'Philip Fischer' or 'Juan Garibi'.

Any business or transaction through 'Brick Littleton Chambers' or the email addresses '', '' and '' are not undertaken by a solicitors' practice or individual authorised and regulated by the SRA.

What should I do?

When a firm's or individual's identity has been copied exactly (or cloned), due diligence is necessary. If you receive correspondence claiming to be from the above firm(s) or individual(s), or information of a similar nature to that described, you should conduct your own due diligence by checking the authenticity of the correspondence by contacting the law firm directly by reliable and established means. You can contact the SRA to find out if individuals or firms are regulated and authorised by the SRA and verify an individual's or firm's practising details. Other verification methods, such as checking public records (e.g. telephone directories and company records) may be required in other circumstances.