Warning: Letters misusing the name of Switalskis Solicitors Limited

20 December 2023

Letters has been sent to members of the public misusing the name of Switalskis Solicitors Limited in relation to a supposed inheritance.

What is the scam?

The SRA was advised that letters have been sent to members of the public in relation to a supposedly unclaimed 'Payable-on-Death' insurance policy.

A letter seen by the SRA ask the recipient for consent to claim the policy benefit. The letter advised that 10% of the proceeds will go to charity, while the remaining 90% is shared between the recipient and 'Switalskis Solicitors.' The letter falsely claims to be from 'Barrister Richard Dennett, a Partner of Switalskis Solicitors' (see below).

The letter provides the email addresses of ‘,' '' and '’. The letter further provides a telephone number of '+44 751 495 3546 ' and '+44770 695 2870'.

The letter also misuses the logo, website domain and its head office address of a genuine firm (see below).

Any business or transactions through the above email addresses, telephone number and fax number are not undertaken by a firm or individual authorised and regulated by the SRA.

Is there a genuine firm or person?

The SRA authorises and regulates a genuine firm called Switalskis Solicitors Limited and it uses the trading name of Switalskis Solicitors. Its genuine head office address is 19 Cheapside, Wakefield, WF1 2SD.

The genuine contact number for Switalskis Solicitors Limited is 0800 138 0458 and the genuine head office telephone number is 01924 8822000.

The genuine websites for Switalskis Solicitors Limited are ‘’ (please note the ‘l’). The genuine email addresses for the firm are and

The SRA authorises and regulates a genuine solicitor called Richard Dennett who is employed at Switalskis Solicitors Limited.

The genuine firm of Switalskis Solicitors Limited has confirmed neither it nor the genuine Richard Dennett who is employed have a genuine connection to the letters or contact details referred to in the above alert.

What should I do?

When a firm's or individual's identity has been copied exactly (or cloned), due diligence is necessary. If you receive correspondence claiming to be from the above firm(s) or individual(s), or information of a similar nature to that described, you should conduct your own due diligence by checking the authenticity of the correspondence by contacting the law firm directly by reliable and established means. You can contact the SRA to find out if individuals or firms are regulated and authorised by the SRA and verify an individual's or firm's practising details. Other verification methods, such as checking public records (e.g. telephone directories and company records) may be required in other circumstances.