Certificate of good standing

You may need a certificate of good standing as part of an application to qualify in another jurisdiction. It is evidence that you are eligible to practise as a solicitor of the Senior Courts of England and Wales.

  • Solicitors admitted to the roll of solicitors in England and Wales can apply for a certificate of good standing.
  • We accept third-party requests for this certificate. Solicitors must be on the roll and have an up-to-date work address in their mySRA profile.
  • There is no fee for this application.

What you get

What information does it hold?

  • your name
  • your SRA number
  • your admission date
  • whether you hold a current practising certificate (We may disclose any conditions on it.)
  • whether you have findings and orders against you (We may include them.)
  • your address (The address must be on record with us. We will include the primary address from your mySRA profile unless you tell us otherwise.)
  • that you have not been struck off or suspended from practice
  • that there are no pending disciplinary proceedings against you.

We will email you once your certificate is ready to download. We cannot send certificates by post.

Once you’ve applied, we’ll make a decision straight away. If we need more information our decision could take up to 5 days.

Apply for a certificate of good standing

Log in to mySRA to apply, go to start a new application