- These Rules are made on 22 June 2012 by the Solicitors Regulation Authority Board under sections 37, 79 and 80 of the Solicitors Act 1974, section 9 of the Administration of Justice Act 1985, and paragraph 19 of Schedule 11 to the Legal Services Act 2007, with the approval of the Legal Services Board under paragraph 19 of Schedule 4 to the Legal Services Act 2007.
SRA Indemnity (Enactment) Rules 2012
Part 1: The enactment rules
- The Solicitors' Indemnity Rules 1987 as amended from time to time shall be further amended with effect from 1 October 2012 and shall continue in force thereafter in the form annexed hereto in which form they may be known as the SRA Indemnity Rules 2012.
- The Solicitors' Indemnity (Incorporated Practice) Rules 1991 as amended from time to time shall continue in force only in respect of the indemnity periods commencing on 1 September 1991 and 1 September 1992.
- The contributions payable in respect of the indemnity periods commencing prior to 1 September 1996 shall remain unaltered.
- In respect of any indemnity periods commencing on or after 1 September 1996 the Society shall retain the power under Rule 35 of the Solicitors' Indemnity Rules 1996 to determine supplementary contributions in respect of any such period.
- The indemnity available in respect of the indemnity periods commencing prior to 1 October 2012 shall remain unaltered.
- In these Rules the terms in italics will have the meaning set out in Rule 3.1 of the SRA Indemnity Rules 2012 annexed hereto.
These rules consist of one part split into two rules. The SRA Indemnity Rules 2012 form the annex to these rules.