Environmental policy statement
10 December 2021
We at the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) are committed to becoming a more sustainable organisation. As a responsible organisation, we have a duty to consider our impact on the environment and use resources effectively. This is delivered to the highest levels through an accredited ISO:14001 Environmental Management System. We therefore place the utmost importance on ensuring a core focus on environmental management.
The Chief Executive Officer has ultimate responsibility for performance, development and continual improvement and is committed to:
- Promoting a positive environmental culture shared by all
- Providing well trained and competent people
- Maintaining and reviewing the management system to ensure an effective framework of compliance
- Transparency in the reporting of environmental performance for continued effective management
- Providing a system that prevents pollution and damage to the environment
- Making the necessary improvements identified for continual improvement.
To meet our commitments, we aim to:
- Provide sufficient finance and support to maintain and improve performance
- Maintain our ISO:14001 Environmental Management System
- Provide procedures and guidelines that are monitored and updated as necessary
- Provide all staff with the right information, instruction, supervision and training appropriate to their role
- Ensures that our environmental policy is understood and followed
- Set targets which promote continual improvement
- Hold people accountable at all levels for their environmental responsibilities
- Hold line management accountable for environmental performance
- Consult and communicate on environmental matters with staff
- Investigate incidents and share the findings with staff
- Meets with suppliers, contractors and companies that provide services to us and endeavour to ensure that their standards match our own
- Ensure staff know that everyone has a shared responsibility for environmental performance
- Periodically review the effectiveness and suitability of this policy and where needed and communicate changes appropriately.