Registered European Lawyers (RELs)
These applications are made under Article 10 of the European Establishment Directive 98-5-EC.
To be eligible to apply you must be:
- a member of one of the legal professions listed in the Directive and entitled to practise.
- an EU national.
- registered with us continuously as a REL for three years.
- an EU lawyer who has been practising the law of the UK, in the UK for three years or more.
- practising under your EU lawyer title for three years or more.
To find out how to apply see Admission forms and fees.
- meet all the above eligibility requirements.
- complete the AD15 application form and read the accompanying guidance notes.
- complete the pre-authorisation screening requirements.
- you can apply for admission in mySRA once you have completed the for the pre-screening process.
- Provide a certificate of good standing/attestation from your home Bar, confirming your practising status as well as disciplinary information. This can be no older than three months.
We aim to consider the majority of these applications within four months from the point we receive a complete application.
It may take longer depending on the complexity of the application or should we need to contact you to provide further information.
If your application is particularly time sensitive, please ensure you submit this and all required information well in advance of the four-month service level to allow us enough time to consider this.
The cost of admission for this application is £500, and if successful your first practising certificate is free.
The cost of your screening application is £39.
Apply for admission to the Roll
Log in to mySRA to apply, go to start a new application
For information on Brexit please read our hot topic.