Decision - Prosecution
Outcome: Referral to Solicitors Disciplinary Tribunal
Outcome date: 12 September 2019
Published date: 25 March 2020
Firm or organisation at time of matters giving rise to outcome
Name: Reemans Solicitors Limited
Address(es): 5 Bell Parade, Bell Road, Hounslow, Middlesex TW3 3NU
Firm ID: 406712
This outcome was reached by SRA decision.
Reasons/basisThis notification relates to a Decision to prosecute before the Solicitors Disciplinary Tribunal. This is an independent Tribunal which will reach its own decision after considering all the evidence, including any evidence put forward by the Solicitor. The Tribunal has certified that there is a case to answer in respect of allegations which are or include that :-
1. He allowed debit balances on three suspense ledgers and an historic debit balance to arise;
2. Between 2012 and 2016, he deliberately falsified the consideration figures on 36 Stamp Duty Land Tax forms with the intention of deliberately underpaying Stamp Duty Land Tax on those transactions;
3. He made improper transfers from the client account to the office bank account of the firm between 2012 and 2016, of client money and improper payments from the client bank account of the firm due to HM Revenue and Customs;
4. He utilised client money for the purpose of enabling the firm to trade between 2012 and 2016;
5. In his capacity as the Compliance Officer for Finance and Adminstration of the firm at the material time, he did not report the material breaches of the SRA Accounts Rules 2011 and the SRA Code of Conduct 2011 set out above;
The allegations are subject to a Hearing before the Solicitors Disciplinary Tribunal and are as yet unproven.