COLPs and COFAs
27 October 2021
Compliance Officers Conference 2021
23 November 2021| International Conference Centre, Birmingham / YouTube
Our annual Compliance Officers Conference will once again be taking place in November.
Many of you have told us that you are keen to get back to face-to-face events, while others liked the option to be able to join virtual sessions spread over a week.
So this year there’s two ways you can get involved – either face-to-face at our Birmingham event, or by joining our virtual event running throughout the following week.
Both events will offer the latest updates and insights on topics relevant to your compliance role, including:
- Anti-money laundering
- The Accounts Rules
- Common compliance issues
- What does technology mean for compliance
- Our Standards and Regulations
- Benefits of transparent information
- Ensuring continuing competence
- The Solicitors Qualifying Examination (SQE)
You can also hear from our Chair and Chief Executive, who will be discussing the big issues in the legal sector.
These free events are aimed at compliance officers, but will cover topics relevant to all solicitors, and could be of interest to anyone working in the legal sector.
Compliance Officers Conference 2020
Our popular Compliance Officers conference took place once again – but it was a little different!
There is a useful mix of presentations, discussions and panel sessions, offering compliance officers up-to-date information on key topics.
Compliance Officers Conference 2019
Our popular full-day Compliance Officers conference took place at Birmingham's ICC on Wednesday 30 October. The free event will be a useful mix of presentations, breakouts and panel sessions, offering compliance officers up-to-date information on key compliance topics. These include:
- Cybercrime and fraud
- Money laundering, including risk assessments and SARs
- Opportunities to work outside a regulated firm
- Our new Standards and Regulations
- Our transparency rules and using the clickable logo
- SQE and legal apprenticeships
- Q&A on our new Accounts Rules
- Q&A on common compliance issues.
Please use www.sra.org.uk/complianceofficers to link to this page.