Existing firm applications
Updated 25 November 2019
Apply to add new managers or owners
What is this application for?
Some individuals and entities do not need to be approved as managers and owners. Check the deeming criteria in rule 13.2 of the SRA Authorisation of Firms Rules.
We authorise the following:
- individual managers
- individual owners
- managers and/or owners which are an entity
- managers or owners must not take up the role until they have been approved.
Deemed approved Solicitor, REL or RFL
You need to tell us in advance of a new deemed approved manager or owner who is a Solicitor, REL or RFL joining the firm. You can add the details of deemed approved solicitor, REL, RFL managers or owners online in the firm mySRA account.
Information you need
- Personal details, work history, professional regulation, suitability to fulfil role
- Certificates of Good Standing if regulated by another regulator
- Individuals who are not SRA-authorised need to register on mySRA before you send in your application.
Help with your application
Contact us if you have any queries before you submit your application.
How to apply
Individual managers and owners
- you need to submit separate Individual Approval application form (FA2) for each individual.
- individuals who are not SRA-authorised need to register on mySRA before you send in your application.
- if another organisation will be a manager or owner, you need to apply for entity approval (application form FA3).
- any individual/corporate managers of this organisation need to be approved. You need to submit individual or entity approval applications for those managers.
The forms are editable PDF's and must be completed electronically. You must save a copy of the form to your computer before you start to fill it in. These forms are not compatible with Mac computers.
Non deemed approved individual managers and owners
Non deemed approved entity managers and owners
Deemed approved Authorised body managers and owners
Send your application to the email address on the form, along with supporting documents.
Individuals need to have a mySRA account. You need to register on mySRA before your application can be accepted. Please check whether you already have a mySRA account before registering a new one. The CRM number should be submitted with the application.
There is no fee for this application.
What you can expect from us
We will acknowledge you application within one working day. We will let you know if your application is incomplete or ineligible.
We aim to make a decision about your application within 90 days. We usually decide within 30 days.
The manager and/or owner must not take up the role until they have been approved.