Barrister of England and Wales
What you will need to do before applying for admission
Sit and pass the SQE assessments and retrieve your results
- You can apply for exemptions based on your individual qualifications and experience
- You will need to create an account on the SQE assessment website to book your exams and get your results
- Once you have passed, you will need to go into your mySRA and retrieve your SQE results before applying for admission
Checking your character and suitability and applying for admission
- We check your suitability as part of your admission application. However, you can also get it checked early if you have any areas of concern.
- Before you apply for admission, you must do your screening and have your results.
- You will be asked to upload a copy of a certificate of good standing from all jurisdictions where you hold a legal professional qualification and have been admitted. The certificate(s) must be less than three months old (we recommend that the date of issue is no longer than two months on the date you make your application) and confirm:
- your date of admission
- that you are in good standing
- that you have not been subject to any disciplinary proceedings
- that there are not any pending disciplinary proceedings against you
- that you are currently entitled to practise.
- When applying for admission, you will choose ‘Solicitors Qualifying Examination route’ on the application form.
Find out how to apply for admission, see Admission forms and fees.