[Missing text '/pages/PortableSearch/SearchGuidanceResults' for 'English']

Accounts and finance

Regulated financial services activites

If you are a COLP or a nominated authorised signatory for a firm we regulate, you need to let us know whether or not your firm carries out financial activities for clients as part of your legal work.

Regulation consumer credit activities

This page is for SRA-authorised firms involved in, or considering becoming involved in, the carrying on of consumer credit activities under Part 20 of the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 (FSMA) as an exempt professional firm (EPF).

Financial services activities

Firms the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) authorises can carry on financial services activities that are central to their legal practice.

Consumer credit background information

Since 1 April 2014, responsibility for the regulation of consumer credit activities transferred from the Office of Fair Trading (OFT) to the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).

Regulation of consumer credit activities Q&A

Your questions answered about Regulation of consumer credit activities

Withdrawal of residual client balances

Use this form to apply for an authority to withdraw funds from client account for balances of £500 and over.