Claim your papers from us
Updated 22 November 2023
If you need this guidance in a language other than English or in alternative formats, please contact us and we will provide it for you.
If your solicitors has been closed down by us and you believe they held documents and files for you, please download and complete the form.
Download: Intervention archives, document request form (DOC 8 pages, 122KB)
Please note, this form is only for clients of firms that have been closed down by the SRA. If you are unsure if the firm was closed down by us, you can check the Solicitors Register to search for the firm.
Please send your completed form to us with the relevant identification. We will log your request and send you an acknowledgement.
Axiom Ince and Metamorph
We normally aim to deal with all requests within 8 weeks of receipt of completed information. However, because of our intervention into the firms Axiom Ince and Metamorph, we are experiencing significantly higher volumes of files to process. This will impact on how quickly we can return documents to clients and former clients of all firms.
If you have been affected by the Axiom Ince intervention, we have further information available that might help you.
How long will you store my files or documents?
We cannot keep all files and documents forever. We have a policy which explains how long we will keep files and documents for, and what we will destroy after a certain period of time.
- No files will be destroyed in the first 12 months following an intervention.
- All files received following an intervention will be sorted into categories.
- The minimum period for retention of any client file is seven years from the date the matter was concluded.
- The minimum period for retention of any accounts file is seven years from the date of the intervention into the firm where it was actively trading prior to the intervention, or, in cases where the firm had closed down prior to the intervention, seven years from the date of closure of the firm.
- The minimum period for retention of any administration file is three years from the date of the intervention into the firm where it was actively trading prior to the intervention, or, in cases where the firm had closed down prior to the intervention, three years from the date of closure of the firm.
- All files relating to an intervention on which we are still trying to return monies to clients will be kept until these issues are resolved.
- Prior to the destruction of any file, it will be sifted in to ensure the removal of all original documentation which shall be retained as set out in Appendix 2. Such documentation will be stored separately.
- All destruction of files will be conducted in accordance with the SRA's policy on confidential destruction.
Read a list of how long we will keep files and documents before destroying them.