SRA Indemnity Fund (Enactment) Rules
Part 1: The enactment rules
- The Solicitors' Indemnity Rules 1987 as amended from time to time shall be further amended with effect from 1 October 2023 and shall continue in force thereafter in the form annexed hereto in which form they may be known as the SRA Indemnity Fund Rules.
- The Solicitors' Indemnity (Incorporated Practice) Rules 1991 as amended from time to time shall continue in force only in respect of the indemnity periods commencing on 1 September 1991 and 1 September 1992.
- The contributions payable in respect of the indemnity periods commencing prior to 1 September 1996 shall remain unaltered.
- In respect of any indemnity periods commencing on or after 1 September 1996 the Society shall retain the power under Rule 35 of the Solicitors' Indemnity Rules 1996 to determine supplementary contributions in respect of any such period.
- The indemnity available in respect of the indemnity periods commencing prior to 1 October 2023 shall remain unaltered.
- In these Rules the terms in italics will have the meaning set out in Rule 3.1 of the SRA Indemnity Fund Rules annexed hereto.
These rules consist of one part split into two rules. The SRA Indemnity Fund Rules form the annex to these rules.
Made under sections 31 and 37 of the Solicitors Act 1974, section 9 of the Administration of Justice Act 1985, and section 83 of, and paragraph 19 of Schedule 11 to, the Legal Services Act 2007.