Kingly Solicitors – contacting file owners
02 July 2021
We closed down Kingly Solicitors and its network of firms in August 2020 to protect the interests of its clients. When we close down a firm, we take control of its finances and case files.
Where we find files relating to ongoing matters these are dealt with by our intervention agent. However, where files relate to old or closed matters we take them to our secure storage facility run by our partner, Capita, until their owner or another suitable person claimed them back.
We are in the process of contacting all those we believe these files relate to, to ask you whether you wish to have the documents returned to you.
If we have written to you, it will be to:
- Verify you are who we think you are
- Let you know that we might have files that you want
- Ask you whether you would like us to send these files to you or not
If you want the files returned, there will be a form included in our letter for you to complete. This includes instructions on how to verify your identity.
The letter also contains a link providing the names of all those firms which were part of the Kingly Solicitors’ network. Again, you can find out those names on our intervention notice and at the bottom of this page.
If you are requesting documents on behalf of a deceased person, as well as sending us a copy of your identification, you will need to send us a copy of the last will and testament and death certificates for that person.
Once you return your form
Once we receive your form, it can take up to six weeks to send your documents back to you. In the meantime please be assured that your documents are safe.
If your request is urgent, please tell us this by stating the reason at the top of the form.
Other documents we might hold
This project involves an unprecedented number of files and we have taken on additional staffing to deal with the amount of documents collected. This means we have not yet been able to work through all the files we now hold.
If we have not mentioned or you have not received something you believe we might have, it does not mean that we do not have it. It could just be that we have not yet processed it. Please bear with us, we appreciate your patience as we work our way dealing with this unprecedented volume of files.
If we do not hear from you
If we do not hear from you, we will continue to store your documents in our secure facility for a number of years. Further information on how and why we intervene into law firms is available on our pages for the public.
Claiming money back
As well as claiming documents back from us, some clients might believe they are owed money by Kingly Solicitors. We operate a compensation fund to make sure those who have not had their money back do not miss out. Find out more about making a claim.
Offices and trading names of Kingly Solicitors
Kingly Solicitors Limited, Lansdowne House, 57 Berkeley Square, London, W1J 6ER
- T/A Richard Herne & Co, 113 High Street, Staple Hill, Bristol, BS16 5HF (SRA number: 662834)
- T/A Hancock Quins, 22 Station Road, Watford, Hertfordshire, WD17 1ER (SRA number: 658952)
- T/A Austin Ray, 74-76 Queensway, Bletchley, Milton Keynes, MK2 2SA (SRA number:664129)
- T/A Ray Nixon Brown, 4&6 Church Square, Leighton Buzzard, Bedfordshire, LU7 1AE (SRA number: 659418)
- 52-54 Market Place, Market Weighton, YO43 3AL (SRA number: 663585)
- 2 Duck Hill, Ripon, HG4 1BL (SRA number: 663586)
- Oriel House, Calverts Lane, Stockton on Tees, TS18 1SW (SRA number: 663587)
- Town Hall, Settle, BD24 9EJ (SRA number: 663589)
- 96 Micklegate, York, North Yorkshire, YO1 6JX (SRA number: 663591)
- Century House, Thornfield Business Park, Standard Way, Northallerton, DL6 2XQ (SRA number: 663592)
- 54 Station Road, Redcar, TS10 1AG (663597)
- 5 Victoria Avenue, Harrogate, HG1 1EQ (SRA number: 663601)
- 22 Lairgate, Beverley, HU17 8EP (SRA number: 663603)
- T/A Giffen Couch & Archer, Bridge House, Bridge Street, Leighton Buzzard, LU7 1EB