Solicitors Qualifying Examination (SQE)
What you will need to do before applying for admission
Validate your degree
- Your degree must be a UK degree or equivalent level 6 qualification and can be in any subject
- You can also apply for equivalence to a degree using other qualifications and/or relevant work experience
The process for validating your degree will be available by the end of January 2022. Find out what we mean by UK degree or an equivalent level 6 qualification.
Pass the SQE assessments and retrieve your results
- You will need to create an account on the SQE assessment website to book your exams and get your results
- Once you have passed, you will need go into your mySRA and retrieve all your SQE results before you apply for admission
Register your qualifying work experience
- You must have registered two years’ qualifying work experience before you apply for admission
Checking your character and suitability and applying for admission
- We check your suitability as part of your admission application. However, you can also get it checked early if you have any areas of concern
- Before you apply for admission, you must do your screening and have your results
- When applying for admission, you will choose ‘Solicitors Qualifying Examination route’ on the form.
Find out how to apply for admission, see Admission forms and fees.