EVANS HARVEY LIMITED
- Head office address
- Plymouth View contact details
- Type of firm
- Recognised body since 01/11/2011, authorised for all legal services
- Solicitors Regulation Authority
- SRA number
- Regulatory record
- Show regulatory record
We set the rules for this firm. There are benefits and protections for customers of SRA-regulated firms.
- The firm can provide all types of law, including reserved legal activities
- Everyone working in this firm must follow our rules
- If things go wrong, the firm must have insurance cover
- If things go wrong and your money is lost, our compensation fund may be able to reimburse you
- If things go wrong we may be able to get your documents and money back
These are the SRA-regulated people in this organisation.
Areas of law shows the sort of work this firm does. Reserved activities lists the special legal jobs this firm can do because we regulate it as a law practice.
This section gives the disciplinary and regulatory decisions published under our decision publication policy.
Decision - Fined
Outcome date: 15 November 2023
Published date: 9 January 2024
No detail provided:
This outcome was reached by SRA decision.
The SRA Transparency Rules came into effect on 6 December 2018. They require all firms authorised and regulated by the SRA to display specified information on their websites if they provide certain types of legal services. The purpose of the Transparency Rules is to ensure people have accurate and relevant information about a solicitor or firm when they are considering purchasing legal services. They are intended to help members of the public and small businesses make informed choices, improving competition in the legal market.
As of 10 July 2023, the firm failed to publish mandatory details about its costs and/or services in breach of rule 1.5 of the Transparency Rules.
The firm was ordered to pay a fixed financial penalty of £750 pursuant to rules 3.1(h) and 11.3 of the Regulatory and Disciplinary Procedure Rules. The firm was also ordered to pay investigation costs of £150.