PICASSO LEGAL LIMITED
This firm is also known as Picasso Legal View other names
- Head office address
- Telford View contact details
- Type of firm
- Recognised body since 05/08/2015, authorised for all legal services
- Solicitors Regulation Authority
- SRA number
- Regulatory record
- Show regulatory record
We set the rules for this firm. There are benefits and protections for customers of SRA-regulated firms.
- The firm can provide all types of law, including reserved legal activites
- Everyone working in this firm must follow our rules
- If things go wrong, the firm must have insurance cover
- If things go wrong and your money is lost, our compensation fund may be able to reimburse you
- If things go wrong we may be able to get your documents and money back
Trading names lists the names this firm uses now. Previous names lists names this firm has used in the past.
These are the SRA-regulated people in this organisation.
Areas of law shows the sort of work this firm does. Reserved activities lists the special legal jobs this firm can do because we regulate it as a law practice.
This section gives the disciplinary and regulatory decisions published under our decision publication policy.
Decision - Fined
Outcome date: 28 May 2021
Published date: 6 July 2021
No detail provided:
This outcome was reached by SRA decision.
DISCIPLINARY DECISION FOR PUBLICATION
Picasso Legal Limited is a recognised body whose office is at Meeting Point House Southwater Telford Town Centre Telford TF3 4HS.
On 26 June 2017, the Money Laundering, Terrorist Financing and Transfer of Funds (information on the Payer) Regulations 2017 (MLRs 2017) came into force. Law firms who carry out certain work must comply with the MLRs 2017. Those firms must carry out a risk assessment to identify and assess the business’ risks of money laundering and terrorist financing (the firm-wide risk assessment).
The SRA asked all those firms to complete a declaration to confirm that they have a compliant anti-money laundering firm-wide risk assessment by 31 January 2020.
Picasso Legal Limited failed to provide the declaration until 14 April 2021 in breach of rules 2.1(a) and 3.3(a) of the SRA Code of Conduct for Firms.
Picasso Legal Limited was directed to pay a penalty of £800 and ordered to pay costs of £600.