Existing firm applications
Updated 25 November 2019
Notification of turnover apportionment
What is this application for?
You must tell us within 28 days of the change taking place if your authorised body has:
- taken over the whole or a part of one or more authorised bodies; or
- has split or ceded part of its practice to another authorised body and wishes the SRA to take this into account in determining its periodical fee.
First, see Rule 16.1 SRA Authorisation of Firms Rules.
Information you need
You will need to:
- identify all authorised bodies affected by the succession
- send us details of any resulting apportionment of the turnover figures for those authorised bodies
- send us confirmation that all affected authorised bodies agree to the contents of the notice of succession.
Help with your notification
If you need help with a notification, contact us.
How to tell us
You need to complete the notice of succession notification form.
You must tell us within 28 days of the event taking place.
The forms are editable PDF's and must be completed electronically. You must save a copy of the form to your computer before you start to fill it in. These forms are not compatible with Mac computers.
Send your notification to the email address on the form. You must send the notification within 28 days of the event.
There is no fee for this notification.
What you can expect from us
We will contact any affected authorised body identified in the notice of succession who has not agreed the details. We will require more information.
We aim to process your notification within 30 days.