Solicitors Qualifying Examination (SQE)
Updated 26 April 2022
What you will need to do before applying for admission.
You'll also find a personalised SQE checklist within mySRA (in 'My profile') that tracks your progress to admission and highlights next steps.
Validate your degree
- Your degree must be a UK degree or equivalent level 6 qualification and can be in any subject.
- You can also apply for equivalence to a degree using other qualifications and/or relevant work experience.
Pass the SQE assessments and retrieve your results
- You will need to create an account on the SQE assessment website to book your exams and get your results
- You'll then need to retrieve your SQE results so we can confirm you have either passed (or are exempt from) all the assessments. You should only do this after you have passed all your required assessments. Log into mySRA and in 'Start a new application', you'll find the form to retrieve your results.
Register your qualifying work experience
- You must have registered two years' qualifying work experience before you apply for admission
Checking your character and suitability and applying for admission
- We check your suitability as part of your admission application. However, you can also get it checked early if you have any areas of concern
- Before you apply for admission, you must do your screening and have your results
- When applying for admission, you will choose 'Solicitors Qualifying Examination route' on the form.
Find out how to apply for admission, see Admission forms and fees.
Applying for a practising certificate
Once you are admitted as a solicitor you will need to apply for a practising certificate. Find out how to apply.