SRA publication scheme
Last updated 24 March 2017
Information we publish
Our publication scheme is a guide to the information that we routinely publish.
The information we publish is divided into seven classes and is available on our website.
Who we are and what we do
- How we work
- What we do
- Our vision and our commitment
- Our Board and committees
- Our management
- Delegation of regulatory functions to the SRA
- Memoranda of Understanding
- Locations and contact details
What we spend and how we spend it
What are our priorities and how are we doing
How we make decisions
Our policies and procedures
- Our fair processing policy
- Our transparency code
- Complaints about our service
- Reasonable adjustments
- Trans inclusion
- Records management
- SRA Rules and Regulations
- Practising fees
- Policy statements
Lists and Registers of those we regulate and training providers
- SRA Authorised Licensed Bodies
- Check regulatory records
- Law firm search
- Qualifying Law Degree providers
- Common Professional Examination / Graduate Diploma in Law providers
- Exempting Law Degree providers
- Legal Practice Course providers
- Professional Skills Course providers
The services we offer
- Contact us
- News releases
- How to complain about those we regulate
- Helping the profession
- Helping consumers
- Helping students
- Helping trainees
Information we do not publish
Generally we do not publish information that is:
- protected from disclosure, for example because the law says so
- in draft form
- no longer readily available, for example because it is in our archives
- too resource-intensive to prepare
We are committed to fair and equal treatment and we comply with the Equalities Act 2010 by publishing equality information about:
- Employment data
- Regulatory outcomes data
- Equality impact assessments
- Research reports
Accessing information not included in our publication scheme
Our transparency code sets out how we respond to requests for recorded information held by us that is not included in our publication scheme. You should send requests to our Information Compliance Team.
What does it cost?
Information included in our publication scheme is available on our website.
In some cases we may charge. For example, if you ask us for hard copies or datasets we may charge for printing and postage or for costs arising out of sending datasets.
We will tell you the cost of giving you the information before we send it.
How can the information be used?
You do not need to seek our permission to link to information on our website although information on our website may not remain in the same place.
You are welcome to copy extracts of our information for purposes of review, discussion, academic study and other legitimate pursuits. You do not need to seek our permission if you use the information fairly, although you should acknowledge the source.
All information on our website, all motifs, designs and logos are protected by copyright unless specifically stated otherwise.
We will vigorously pursue any breach of our copyright that seeks to exploit our material for commercial gain or to misrepresent our regulatory position.
Who to contact about the publication scheme
If you have and questions or comments about our publication scheme please contact us.
Review of scheme
Our publication scheme is under regular review and republished to reflect information available on our website.
Please use www.sra.org.uk/whatwepublish to link to this page.