Check a solicitor's record
If you haven't used this search tool, please read help with searching .
Search for decisions
- Not all regulatory decisions are published—read more about our publication policy.
- We began publishing decisions in early 2008.
- Decisions remain on the site for three years.
- For the most up-to-date and complete picture of an individual's regulatory record, please contact us.
- Read more about how we regulate.
Law Firm Search
Search for information about SRA-regulated law firms in England & Wales
Types of decision
The search tool gives you an option to search by types of outcome, which include the individual regulatory decisions. These are listed below—follow the links to find out more about each type of outcome and what it means.
You should read about the individual types of decision in conjunction with anything you see on a regulatory record and contact us for the latest on that individual or firm, before making any judgements about the individual or firm, as this website cannot give a complete picture of the regulatory record.
- Regulatory issue agreement (displayed on search results as "specific outcome agreed")
- Regulatory settlement agreement
- Withdrawal of authorisation of non-lawyer manager
- Revocation of recognition—recognised bodies
- Authorisation revoked—recognised sole practitioner
- Suspension of PC/registration
- Termination of suspension of PC/registration
- Refusal to grant PC/registration
Control of practice
- Approval of employment (section 41)—qualified lawyers
- Approval of employment (section 43)—employees who are not qualified lawyers
- Control of non-qualified employees (section 43)