Help with searching
- Not all regulatory decisions are published—read our guidance on publishing regulatory and disciplinary decisions.
- Most decisions remain on our website for three years.
- We do not publish the detailed Findings of the Solicitors Disciplinary Tribunal; these can be found on the Tribunal's website
- For the most up-to-date and complete picture of an individual's regulatory record, please contact us.
- Read more about how we regulate.
How to search
You can search decisions by the
- name of the solicitor, firm, or other regulated individual
- SRA ID number (also known as their roll number)
- date the decision was made, or
- type of decision.
You can also view a list of recently-published decisions.
To search for decisions about an individual or firm, enter their name and/or ID number in the search fields. To narrow your search, choose an outcome type and/or specify a date range.
To see all closures (also known as "interventions") during May 2019, for example, leave name and ID fields blank, choose outcome type "closure" and specify the date range 1 May 2019 to 30 May 2019.
Only the most recent published decision against any firm will be displayed. To view a list of all published decisions against an individual made within the past three years (in general decisions are removed after three years), you will have to go into the record.
To check whether a law firm or an individual is regulated by us, and for relevant information about them you can search our Solicitor Register.